So I noticed that VirtueMart experts and developers place documentation for how to transfer products from an old installation of VirtueMart on their sites and in the forums, however, they do not realize that their instructions aren't exactly clear for everyone.
I've noticed some grammar and spelling mistakes on their site in various places. While that's somewhat okay because we're human, they tend to get a bit snippy when people don't understand or want to search through the forum (a lot of us are in a hurry, with clients and such, sorry!). Also realize that many solutions aren't posted in a clear way on the forums, so I decided to not only post what I found here, but to do it the same way on the forum, in a step by step format.
1. BACKUP both of your installations, including all files and the databases. Don't say I didn't tell you so!
2. Export these tables (because I needed the manufacturers too) from your Joomla 1.5 or 2.5 database where VirtueMart 2.0.8e is installed:
jos_virtuemart_categories_en_gb (and any other lang tables)
jos_virtuemart_products_en_gb (and any other lang tables)
3. Make sure when exporting, choose Custom, select the specific tables and then check off "Add DROP TABLE / VIEW / PROCEDURE / FUNCTION statement". For some reason, I kept getting errors without that. Maybe some people don't have to use that option.
4. Then open the .sql file, find the prefixes jos_ and replace them all with my current Joomla 3 prefixes, for example ng125_.
5. Go to my Joomla 3 database where VirtueMart 3.0.2 is installed, DROP these tables:
ng125_virtuemart_categories_en_gb (and any other lang tables)
ng125_virtuemart_products_en_gb (and any other lang tables)
6. Go to Import at the top and import the .sql file I edited. Yay.
7. Go to my Joomla 3 installation to Configuration » Tools » DB Tools (ensuring that Enable database Update tools in checked in Configuration » Shop ) and click Install or if necessary update tables.
8. Check the products, manufacturers and categories and all products are there.
9. Upload images again. Do it through FTP and/or manually in VirtueMart. "If you just FTP your images to the correct folder, they should all be properly assigned. Do not use the VirtueMart image importer, because if u do, then all of your image assignments will be broken. If u do make this mistake then re-import the ng125_virtuemart_product_medias table.
Thank you very much again to GJC Web Design! I hope this helps someone.
Visit fbetting.co.uk Betfair Review